Enterprise Planning and Control
PROCON and its predecessor companies, have been providing management consulting services to businesses since 1985. Our clients look to us to assist them with three levels of planning and control; strategic, tactical, and operational. PROCON provides a broad range of management consulting professional services that address all levels of information management concerns. Strategically, PROCON has chosen not to align itself with any other providers so that our independence can never be compromised. In this way, our clients can be guaranteed both a comprehensive, as well as an impartial consulting solution. Our management consulting professional services can be stratified into the following classifications:
Operations Planning and Control
The Procon professional services approach combines process improvement with information technology. Typically, there are many areas where process improvements can be made that result in tangible savings to our clients. We understand that our clients are facing significant business issues in the marketplace and we have successfully partnered with them to achieve optimum solutions. Product and service, pricing and marketing is only the first step. Aligning people, process, and information technology with a stated strategy can prove to be the difference between success and failure.
Take this unassuming test. Look for the following conditions indicating possible requirements for re-visiting a process:
- Requisite information is not available
- No clear process owner
- Process is reactive, rather than proactive
- Idle time delays completion of required tasks
- Redundant activities make up a portion of the process
If some, or all of these statements are true, you can probably benefit from an operations planning & control review and achieve some of the following benefits:
- Reduced Activity & Cycle Time
- Increased Availability of Resources
- Enhanced Productivity
- Reduced Operating Costs
- Improved Customer Service
Financial Planning & Control
Executives deal with problems and decisions from individualistic viewpoints, normally derived from their career backgrounds. PROCON believes that management must view decisions to be made from all perspectives. Financial planning and control is the vehicle from which you can consider all the implications of each proposal and decision. PROCON management consultants help our clients reduce costs and increase productivity with the implementation of the following professional services:
- Analysis of productivity by various segments
- Analysis, development & implementation of planning, budgeting and allocation business models
- Analysis, development & implementation of cost management strategies
- Analysis, development & implementation of measurement and reporting systems
Regardless of whether a company is manufacturing, distribution or services based, financial planning & control is key to achieving pre-defined goals. An enterprise’s success depends directly on their ability to provide quality product or service at a competitive cost. Procon business modeling, information technology and financial consulting professional services can provide management with the additional information required to make informed decisions.
Information Technology (IT) audits examine controls within the IT infrastructure by collecting and evaluating data related to an organization’s information systems, procedures and operations.
The top-level topics addressed by our IT audit are:
- Availability: Will the IT systems be both accessible & available when required?
- Security: Will the information in the systems be disclosed only to authorized users & protected from unauthorized access?
- Reliability: Will the information provided by the system always be accurate and will it be updated in an appropriate & timely fashion?
The PMSI IT audit focuses on determining the risks that are relevant to information assets, and assessing controls in order to reduce or mitigate these risks. By implementing controls, the effect of risks can be minimized, but cannot be completely eliminated.
Our aim is to determine if the information systems are safeguarding assets, maintaining data integrity, and operating effectively and efficiently to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
Our IT audit services can scale to fit your requirements from strategic, risk-based audit planning and execution, to tactical control audits aligned to your annual audit plan.
IT Planning & Control
The management of an enterprise’s information technology can be the determining factor in predicting future success. Collecting, storing and analyzing a company’s raw data provides a wealth of information. Procon planning & control professional services have assisted our clients by:
- Performing requirements definition studies to determine prerequisites for information technology and associated information risk management
- Assisting in defining and planning information technology strategies
- Defining hardware, software, manpower requirements while addressing defined risk management issues
- Implementing and supporting hardware and software applications in both internet and intranet based environments
The age of e-commerce has forced corporations to compete at unheard of speeds. In the past, decision makers had the luxury of taking weeks or months to make a major decision. Today, that same decision maker is inundated with information and forced to make decisions much more rapidly. Planning and control of information management is key to making the right decision! Procon management consultants can assist you with these important issues today.